Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 5th: Going Home

Are we there yet?!
Look at us tall girls with our matching Cambridge sweats!
We are proud to be American!

Well the day definitely didn’t start off as well as I had hoped. Last night we went and checked out the "so called" 4th of July party and stayed for 20 minutes or so. It was a little weird but I did meet a bunch of people from Madison, WI! What a small world huh? We all were pretty tired anyways so we just went home and got some sleep for the long day of traveling we had ahead of us. I could have sworn I set my alarm but next thing I knew Lindsey was knocking on our door telling Kaari and I that we were suppose to be leaving for the airport! We threw all are stuff together and got out the door in less than 10 minutes! I wasn't very happy. haha.. I was on time everyday on this trip and had no problems waking up what so ever but this happens on the day we leave! Luckily, Kaari and I improvised and washed our hair in the sinks at the airport. Haha It ended up taking us a total of 28 hours to get home. First, we left Florence at 6 a.m and rode a bus to Pisa. We ended up having quite a while at the Pisa Airport before we could check our bags so we went and saw the leaning Tour of Pisa! We didn’t have much time there but at least we saw it.
Our flight from Italy to New York was ten hours! It was a pretty frustrating flight too... people were loud and there were kids EVERYWHERE! We were all really excited to be back in the states when we got to J.F.K. Unfortunately, our flight home was delayed another 3 or 4 hours and it ended up taking us close to the same amount of time to get from New York to S.L.C. as it did getting from Italy to the U.S.! I have mixed feelings being home. I'm a little burnt out and ready to be back home but at the same time I wish I could keep traveling and check out Germany, Ireland and so many other places! I give myself one or two days before I start really missing Europe. What an amazing trip! I will always remember this awesome trip and the people I experienced it with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.