Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yosemite


Well, school is done! And as always, I jumped at the opportunity to come back out the Yosemite valley :) We've been here for a couple days, just relaxing, hiking, jamming, enjoying the company of great friends, reading and unwinding. We are staying at Mama Yo's for a few more days, then all of us are driving out to Lake Tahoe to see some friends play at the Crystal Bay. (on the one...check them out)

This semester was pretty rough. I felt like every possible thing that could go wrong, went wrong. I dealt with everything from friends, family, school and my computer (which is another story) and It was very mentally draining. Luckily, I had a good friend (miss Ally B) to help me through it all. Talking with my ma and Noah always helps me too. I truly believe that God throws us these challenges to make us stronger people. I realize this and I know that I have the strength to get through anything. I just need to be reminded this from time to time when I feel the world is out to get me. I have a great life, great friends, I'm healthy, my family is healthy and I am very grateful for it. I am doing a lot of thinking on this trip. Thinking long and hard about what I want in my life. Where I want to go after I graduate. I want to start writing again...and reading. I bought an amazing book yesterday at the Ansel Adams Bookstore here in the park. It is called The power of positive thinking. It's an AMAZING book..it is really helping me clear my mind and focus on the things that are important to me. I really love it here. My parents asked me the other day why I like Yosemite so much. I laughed and said, "remember how much I fell in love with Jackson the first time we went there? The goosebumps on my arms and the constant smile on my face? Well, that is the same feeling I get in Yosemite." Now they completely understand.( I get my love for nature from my parents :) ) I get the same feelings here that people get when they go to church. It is a very inspiring place. I am pretty bummed that I stopped writing on this blog after I came home from my Study Abroad trip but I am going to start doing it again! I may think back on some of the great times I had the past year and post them too :)


"Life is short but sweet for certain"

No comments: