Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!!

Our group listening attentively to our tour guide
Kaari and I on the Ponte Vecchio Bridge
The Duomo!
The David! I wasn't suppose to take a picture so Its a bit blurry but It still turned out pretty good!! haha


Happy Fourth of July! I’m a little sad I’m missing out on all of Jackson Hole’s Fourth of July festivities but hey.. I’m in Italy! Today we had a tour guide show us around Florence and tell us some of it's history. It was really great. Many of the places he took us are places we walked right past yesterday without knowing the history behind it all! Florence is so unique..I love it. We went to the Brancacci Chapel, The Academia, Piazza Della Signoria and the Ufitzi gallery among a few others. The best part of the day was seeing Michael Angelo’s David! It was amazing! All 17ft of it! It’s incredible that something that was sculpted in the early 1500s can be so powerful and symbolic. What a great day…tonight a few of us are going out dancing at a 4th of July party! crazy huh? We’ll see how it goes. Tomorrow is our last day and I’m pretty sad. This trip went by entirely too fast! It has all been like a dream to be quite honest…somebody pinch me!

No comments: