Monday, July 9, 2007

Sunday, July 1st 2007: Florence

Today was our first day in Florence! Our wake up call to our hotel room was at six this morning and the hotel arranged breakfast early for us which was nice. Our train ride was around two hours which really wasn‘t bad at all. We’ve gotten so use to long train rides that a couple hours is nothing. Florence is really pretty. It has more of the country Tuscany style architecture here than in Venice. When we arrived to our hotel, we took an hour nap in our super air conditioned room! It’s just as hot here as it was in Venice which is a good change but I personally prefer the cooler 70 degree weather we had in London and Paris. The five of us girls went out to a delicious Italian restaurant and walked around some of the shops. Tomorrow ten of us are taking an early train out to Rome for the day! I am so excited to go; it’s the one place that I’ve really wanted to see on this trip so I can’t wait! I wish we had more time to spend there but a day is all we have. We found out we can get a ticket for a double decker bus that goes around to all the top spots so we should be able to see most of it. ROME here I come!

No comments: