Saturday, July 7, 2007

Monday, June 25th: St. Chappelle, Pompedou, Notre Dame, Louve

In front of the Notre Dame!
Inside The Notre Dame during Mass
The Pompedou. The escalator was outside of the building and had an amazing view of Paris
The view from the Pompedou
Gelato break! It was so good!
What a long day! We sure did pack a lot in today and I really wish we could have spent a little more time at some of the places and less at others. Our plans have fluctuated a lot since we have been here in Paris. Many of our planned visits had to be rearranged due to their random hours. Our first stop was Sainte-Chapelle. The church was built in six years (1242-1248) and was designed to house the relics of Christ's Passion, including the Crown of Thorns! Our next stop was Notre Dame. I was so happy to go there since it wasn't on our list of places to visit and I was worried I wouldn't see it. The cathedrals are by far my favorite places we visit. They give me goosebumps! They are so beautiful. The Pompedou was the next stop. It's a very modern museum which I didn't really care for. Some of the art was cool but I just don't see much talent in most of the modern art. Getting a huge piece of cardboard and painting it three different colors isn't art to me. I could do that. The cool part of the Pompedou was the outside escalator that took us to the top of the building. We had the most amazing view of Paris from there. Next we hit up the Louve. It was so awesome! It was just as impressive in real life as it was in Da Vinci Code. We saw the Mona Lisa and I even snapped a picture of it even though we weren't suppose to. I also saw a large collection of Egyptian pieces, the Samothrace, and the Venus de Milo. We were planning on going to the top of the Eiffel but we were really tired and it was raining really hard.

No comments: