Monday, July 9, 2007

Thursday June 28th: Last day in France

Us hanging out in the sleeper train
Venice, Italy

Train station in Venice
Me on one of the 400 + bridges in Venice

Today was our last day in Paris. We spent our last few hours walking around, getting our last crepes and shopping. There where so many people in the stores! I just don’t have the patients so I got a bit irritated after a few stops. I was ready to get to Italy for sure. We left our hotel around 5 pm and took a bus to the train station. Our sleeper train was really fun! Long…but fun. Each room held 6 people and luckily we only had five in ours which offered a little more room. Kysha, Lindsey, Rachel, Kaari, and myself ended up together so we were really happy. I played a guitar some Italian boys on the train let me borrow which was fun. We stayed up talking and playing games for a few hours, then folded the seats into bunks and when to bed. It really wasn’t too bad minus the bathroom. I tried to avoid it at all costs because it was so disgusting. All 60+ riders had to use it! Our train ride was from 8pm to 10am. We were all so excited to be in Italy when we woke up! It took awhile to get to our hotel though. After the sleeper train, we rode another train to our hotel station, then drug our luggage three miles to our hotel! It really sucked for those who had lots of heavy luggage! Luckily I didn’t have much. We settled into our hotel rooms and hit up Venice right away. Venice is Beautiful! I can‘t believe I‘m here!!

No comments: