Wednesday, June 13, 2007

21st Birthday in London!...could it get any better?

I never thought in a million years I'd be spending my birthday in England! What an amazing day! We woke up at six in the morning and caught a 2 hour long train ride out to a small rural town called Salisbury. We went to the Wilton House and the Salisbury Cathedral. The tour through the Cathedral was incredible. We climbed up some 400 spiral stairs to the spire and bell tower. We even got to sit in the bell room as it rung at 6 pm! Afterwards we all ate at an Italian restaurant and everyone surprised me with cake, ice cream and a card that they all signed while they sang happy birthday to me. It was really nice. I also tried some beer imported from Italy :) I'm 21! haha We have been going, going, going none stop from 6 in the morning til around 11 o'clock at night for the past few days so I haven't been able to get on the Internet much. My pictures will be up soon! Everything, including the Internet here is very expensive..One pound here is two dollars so the cost is double.

1 comment:

Lifesport said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Thanks for the early bday wishes. that was thoughtful of you ;-)
It sounds like you are having a great time right now. You will have to let me know all about it when you get back!(That is if you decide to come back) Lol.